What to Pack for a Beach Getaway?
Are you planning to visit the beaches and lakes in Fleming Island, Jacksonville? Summertime is closing in, and everyone is ready for some sun-soaking fun activities. But many times, we leave for the coast only to find that we forgot something, whether for games or personal care. With a checklist to remind you what you need out there at the beach, you can enjoy your time truly relaxing with no worries.
Beach getaways are meant for relaxation and not stressing over luggage, so here are some of the many essentials enlisted for a fun vacation-
- Baggage: Cut out on all the extra luggage and only pack what you will actually use. You can carry a duffle bag as it holds much more than a suitcase and a small carry bag for the beach. Additionally, use organizers to keep all your stuff from mixing into each other.
- Wearables: Now, this one seems obvious, but many people over-pack wearables just because they look cute. Remember, you can visit the beautiful Neptune beach or go for romantic boat rides that Fleming Island in Jacksonville is famous for with just the essential clothes. Make a list of activities and the duration of the vacation to get a precise idea of what you will be wearing and only pack those items. Remember, you’ll spend most of your time in the bikini and a hat.
- Footwear: Just like the clothes, resist packing all of your sandals and match them at home with the trendy dresses you pack. Make sure to grab sports shoes just in case you plan to throw some axes, and beach flip-flops, or some hot crocs while you walk on the sand at the beaches around Fleming Island in Jacksonville.
- Beach Towels/ Blankets: With the multi-purpose use, towels are an essential item to pack while leaving for a beach. They can also be used as beach blankets if you don’t have one.
- Accessories: A beach hat is a must, along with a pair of sunglasses. They protect you from the sun and the sand. Also, only carry matching and lightweight jewelry to avoid too much clutter while dressing up.
- Sun Screen Lotion: You absolutely need to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays - something you will get plenty of in Fleming Island, Jacksonville. A tip- take more than you think you will need.
- After-Sun Soothing Lotion: After spending a long day at the warm sunny beach, your skin will love some pampering. Use aloe-vera gels or after-sun lotions to soothe your irritated skin from the sunburns.
- Insect Repellant: Insects are everywhere, especially at coastal locations. Make sure you pack and use some insect repellant to keep your skin from bug bites.
- Waterproof Phone Case: Water is everywhere in Fleming Island, Jacksonville. Protect your phones and other gadgets by covering them with waterproof cases while you are taking the sunset-over-the-ocean photos and boating.
Packing for beach getaways is a simple task. All you need to remember is to be minimalist and pack smart for a tropical environment. Fleming Island, Jacksonville, has many places you can visit within and around the city, and the above guide should be perfect if you decide to hit the beaches.